Saturday, 23. June 2012
Everything went as planned in my little makeover. I did have a little trouble with the table top. I sanded the polyurethane off and applied my stain but it looked horrible. I ended up sanding the top down to bare wood and applying the stain again. It was more work than I thought it would be but the top does look brand new because I sanded out all of the dings, dents and scrapes. It made me a little sad because every one of those imperfections reminded me of happy memories. Not all of my memories are lost though, I didn’t touch the underside of the table. There are cute little drawings all over under there (kids will be kids ). In the end, all my hard work paid off. My dining room is more tied together and my the total cost was about $17. I spent $12 on the stain and $5 on the fabric to recover the end chairs. I had some leftover gray paint, primer, and polyurethane on hand. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!